Based near Leeds in West Yorkshire, our company was founded in 1891 by James Dixon Chew with the aim of supplying the flourishing Yorkshire woollen industry with new dyes and chemicals.
By the 1950's we were supplying the UK with colour and dyestuffs for a range of textile fibres including leather, wool, cotton and the newly developed synthetic fibres.
Diversification came in the early 1970s when we began manufacturing textile auxiliaries, processing and finishing chemicals for the textile industry.
Today we manufacture a wide range of colours and speciality chemicals from our purpose built plant. Product development is a vital part of our service and we work closely with customers to develop new and innovative products, tailored to meet their ever-evolving requirements.
Experienced chemists and colour technicians manage our well-equipped laboratories and testing facilities. In addition, our offices, warehousing and manufacturing plant are all located on the same modern site. This ensures we have complete control over our products, from purchase of raw materials to manufacturing and final testing.